If you know you have a yeast infection or candidiasis, and you want to know how to treat it, then here are some natural ways to get rid of yeast infection that proven work.
What Is Yeast Infection and What are the Symptoms?
This is one of the most common causes of vaginal itching and discharge. If you’ve had a yeast infection before then you probably know what I am talking about.
Yeast infections are a very common and annoying problem for many women. Its often officially diagnosed at your medical provider’s office, where you can be prescribed oral or vaginal medications that can quickly treat your infection. However, most women choose to diagnose and treat their infections on their own. This is okay to do especially if you’ve been diagnosed with a yeast infection before and you know how they feel and what it looks like.
If you’ve decided to treat yeast infection on your own first of all there are some things you must know:
- Yeast infection is commonly caused by an organism called Candida, and it is the second most common cause of vaginitis, second only to bacterial vaginosis.
- Up to 25% of women have Candida yeast in their vagina already, as part of their normal flora- which means their normal vagina microorganisms that always live in the vagina.
Yeast infection only needs to be treated if there are symptoms like:
- Burning and itching within the vagina or the vulva which is also called the vaginal lip.
- Pains during sex and when urinating.
- A white, thick, cottage cheese vaginal discharge.
- The vagina becomes red and sore.
- Vaginal rash.
If you’ve noticed any of these symptoms for you do not like the use of medicines hence you’re looking for other ways to treat yeast naturally, then here are some natural remedies. We entreat that ladies that are experiencing these symptoms for the first time visit their doctor to be officially diagnosed before trying any of these natural remedies.
What Are the Natural Ways to Cure Yeast Infection?
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has proven to have anti-fungal, antiviral and anti-bacterial properties, and also support the killing of pathogens of the body. Though is a very gentle one, it is powerful in nature. This is because when you are using it to cure yeast infection, it doesn’t just destroy everything like some of these other different medications do when it comes to the killing of yeast and bacteria. This makes it a great remedy when curing yeast infections.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Candidiasis:
- Dip an unwrapped tampon into the coconut oil, and gently push it into the vagina.
- Leave the tampon with coconut oil in the vagina for 8-12 hours but most preferably overnight, and remove.
- This should cure the infection after two to three tries.
- You can also consume coconut oil and it can knock off this Candida yeast.
- Also, you can rub the coconut oil directly to the skin where the infection is.
If this doesn’t work for you, another option to use for your yeast infection is Oregano oil.
2. Oregano Oil
Just like coconut oil, oregano oil has a variety of health benefits ranging from curing yeast infection, inflammatory bowel, leaky gut, digestive problems and a whole lot of gut-related issues. Oregano oil has different types of nutrients in it. It has mineral content, vitamin content and also a type of phenol known as Carvacrol wich has anti-microbial properties.
Carvacrol present in oregano oil has been shown in laboratory use and through studies that it has anti-microbial action on parasites, fungi, bacteria, and even viruses tend to be affected by oregano oil. So this is something you might wanna have if you’ve got a yeast infection.
How To Use Oregano Oil for Candidiasis:
- Unlike coconut oil, oregano oil cannot be inserted directly into the vagina. This would cause serious burns due to the powerful nature of this oil.
- To avoid any burns or complications when using this oil, mix one drop of oregano oil with 25 drops of coconut oil.
- Dip a tampon into the mixture and insert it into the vagina.
- Leave the tampon with the mixture inside the vagina for 8-12 hours but most preferably overnight, and remove.
- You can also squeeze a drop of oregano oil into 500 ml of warm water.
- Mix it well in a bowl and then wash your genitals with this water.
- Do this daily until the symptoms disappear, and do not wear underwear when you sleep.
- Repeat this process for a week, and you should see improvements in your condition.
Garlic is been known for its antibiotic properties. This is due to an active biological component known as Allicin. Allicin exhibits anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties and its use in medical treatment.
Allicin can prevent yeast infection and also improve the conditions. Some side effects when using garlic include mouth odor, upset stomach and in rare occasions body odor.
How to Use Garlic for Candidiasis:
- Poke a few holes into two cloves of garlic and insert into your vagina.
- Ensure not to insert it too deep since it might get lost in there.
- Leave the garlic clove inside the vagina for 8-12 hours but most preferably overnight, and remove.
- Repeat this process for 3 to 4 days and you should be cured of your yeast infection.
4. Tea Tree Oil Mixed With Olive Oil
If you are not comfortable inserting garlic into your vagina, another way to get rid of the Candida infection is by using Tea tree oil.
During the 1920s, tea tree oil was discovered to be 9 to ten time more potent as an antiseptic agent than carbolic acid. Due to this discovery, it has been used to cure infections, sore feet, blisters, sunburns, insect bites, gum diseases and all sort of things.
This makes tea tree oil one of the best all natural remedies you can use for all sort of fungal infections, which includes Candida. Research in Western Australia in the 1990s showed that tea tree oil was more effective than any kind of pharmaceutical medicine to be used, especially for Candida. It was number one for Candida. Tea tree oil also works as a vagina cleaner.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil Mixed with Olive Oil For Candidiasis:
- Get a one-ounce droplet bottle or a small empty bottle, and fill it with two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Pour five drops of tea tree oil into the olive oil in the droplet bottle.
- Close the droplet bottle with the olive oil and tree tea oil mixture and shake it for 60 seconds.
- Squeeze four to five droplets of the mixture on a sanitary pad, place it over your panty and wear it overnight or for 12 hours. Make sure your pad sits right towards the vagina for an effective result.
- You can also dip a tampon into the mixture and then insert it into the vagina for 12 hours or overnight.
- This should get rid of your yeast infection within one to three days.
- Using a knife, chop four cloves of garlic into small pieces. Do not mince it just chop it small enough.
- Set the chopped up garlic aside for an hour. This will allow the garlic to be more potent.
- After an hour, put the garlic into a dropper bottle.
- Pour two tablespoons of olive oil inside a bowl. Inside the same bowl add five drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix it for 30 seconds and then pour it into the bottle.
- Close the lid of the bottle and shake it vigorously for a minute.
- When done, set it aside for 24 hours before use. The longer you set it aside, the stronger and better it will be.
- Once the 24 hours is up, open up the sanitary pad and just before you put it on, put just a few drops of the mixture on the pad.
- Leave it on the affected area overnight for best results.
- Within the first 24 hours of your application, you’re going to notice that the infection is gone, or the intensity has been reduced.
- Ensure to store the remaining mixture in your cabinet instead of the fridge for better results next time you will want to use it.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda discourages the further growth of microorganisms in your vagina and helps keep the skin clean as well as dry. Baking soda works as an anti-fungal agent which dehydrates and kills the Candida fungus. Baking soda sucks enzymes and water from the fungus leaving it dehydrated.
Baking soda is also alkaline in nature, and thus temporarily changes the vagina’s PH to higher alkalinity in which the candida can’t survive in.
How To Use Baking Soda to Treat Candidiasis:
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda into 500 ml of warm water.
- Use this mixture as a douche to clear the vagina area for 20 minutes.
- Clean the area and allow the vagina to dry.
- Repeat this process every day for two to three days.
- Add one and a half cup of baking soda and two tablespoons of salt to your bathing water.
- Mix it well, and soak yourself into it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Thoroughly clean your body with a clean dry cloth.
- Repeat this process daily for a week.
- This process is also effective for treating candidiasis in pregnant women.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an effective treatment for Candidiasis. This is because it contains substances that control fungi growth and also balances the PH of the body. However, you have to get the right type of apple cider vinegar which is the bio-dynamically certified apple cider vinegar. These bio-dynamically certified apple cider vinegar are naturally fermented in a wooden barrel making them effective for treating yeast infection internally and externally.
We advise you to keep away from commercialized, mass-produced apple cider vinegar found in supermarkets in plastic bottles. These are junks.
This is because these commercial apple cider vinegar has been commercially fermented in lye or cheap water with all sorts of chemicals. This makes them ineffective when treating candidiasis.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Candidiasis:
- Pour a small amount of apple cider vinegar into a small bowl.
- Dip a piece of cotton cloth into the apple cider vinegar and place the cloth on the walls of your vagina.
- Leave the cloth on the vagina for 20 minutes, and then remove the cloth and allow the area to dry.
- Repeat this process when you wake up and before going to bed.
- You can add two cups of apple cider vinegar with half a teaspoon of tea tree oil into your bathing water.
- Sit in the bath for 20 mins to allow the water to irrigate your vagina.
- This will prevent yeast growth and cure your infection.
- You can mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water.
- Drink this on an empty stomach to get rid of the yeast infection.
- Drinking this daily can prevent any future infections.
Yogurt has probiotics and good bacteria that keeps the good cell healthy and kill the bad ones. A probiotic known as Lactobacillus present in yogurt works effectively to control and counteract the fungus that causes a yeast infection. Even though people consume it internally, it is more effective when applied to the vagina externally. External application of yogurt will help to cure yeast infection as well as sooth the irritating and burning sensation on the vagina
How to Use Yogurt for Candidiasis:
- Apply a tablespoon of plain yogurt on the affected area and let it sit for an hour or two.
- Wipe the yogurt off and clean the area with water, then tap it with a dry clean towel and allow it to dry.
- If your condition is severe, allow the yogurt to sit overnight.
- Repeat this process three times a day for a week, and you should start seeing results.
- Dip a tampon inside plain yogurt and put it in a fridge.
- Allow the tampon to freeze and then insert it into the vagina.
- After that, apply some of the remaining yogurts on the vaginal opening.
- Leave it on the vagina overnight and they take it off.
- Repeat this process for a week until you see a relief of your condition.
For any of these remedies to work effectively, there are some things you might need to avoid once diagnosed with a yeast infection. These include:
It is crucial you avoid eating sugar once you are diagnosed with a yeast infection because the Candida feeds off sugar. So, you might want to avoid or reduce the intake of sugar, in other to get rid of this infection or ensure the effectiveness of these remedies.
Candida grows rapidly in a moist environment. To inhibit their growth, ensure to clean your vagina well after you take a shower before wearing your panty.
- Tight Clothing
If you keep getting a recurring vaginal yeast infection, then we recommend you do not wear leggings or pantyhose or clothing that will potentially heat up the lower half of your body. You are better off wearing loose cotton clothing. Also, do not cross your leg, allow the vagina area to breathe more.
With these remedies, you should be able to completely get rid of yeast infection naturally and prevent any future recurrences. Feel free to share our post with your friends and family who might find it beneficial.